Is coaching right for you?
There are some definite guidelines on who coaching is suitable for, and who it is not suitable for. Go here to find out What is coaching?
Coaching is for people who want to;
- emotional intelligence
- conscious awareness
- transform the whole person, not just ‘the role’ or business issues
- deal with immediate obstacles preventing;
- personal communication
- build a vision and plan for a life dream and goal
- link potential with performance.
- learn rather than be taught
Coaching is not for people who;
- have dependencies such as drugs and alcohol
- need therapy for trauma or abuse
- want a shoulder to cry on
- want counselling
- are abusing others
- are experiencing mental illness
Therapists in some of the above fields deal with events that have happened in the past. Coaching is specifically about the present and the future.
While reference to past events is normal practice within a coaching relationship to apply background and context, a Coach, unless declaring otherwise, is NOT qualified to deal with any past emotional trauma or turmoil that is preventing the participant from moving forward.
Choosing a domain name can be overwhelming, I know! Over the years I've helped friends and clients with their online presence and similar to choosing a company name, this is one of the most important steps in building a successful business. Your domain name is your...